Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Night Off??

It's official, I truly am a dork! My husband took the baby to his parents' house to give me some 'Mommy time' tonight. Most mommies would jump in the bathtub for hours with a glass of wine and then go straight to bed.

Me? I jumped in the bathtub with a glass of wine for about a 1/2 hour and then couldn't stand it any longer. I had things to get done!! :) So I got out and not here I am at my desk reading through all the Propositions for the election on Tuesday so that I can make my all encompassing 'voting guide' that so many have come to depend on! Of course the wine bottle is also on the desk (I do still know how to relax a little).

So call me a dork or whatever you wish - but when I get 'the night off' I feel the need to catch up on the outside 'adult' world. If I am not able to be in school at this point in time - I'm darn well going to make sure that I have my hand in something! :) Even doing something as small as helping my friends and family understand what all the political mumbo jumbo means in these elections helps to make me feel like I am still in the game - even if it's just a little. I know that God gave me these passions and dreams for a reason - and He never fails to come through. I always dreamed of having a political/law career AND a family...step one accomplished...:)

No comments: